My name is Paul Forgione.
I'm currently employed as an Interaction Designer @ Google. My focus is on new user education & onboarding.
I graduated from the Rochester Institute of Technology with a degree in New Media Design.
I've previously worked / interned at Instrument, SFA Marketing, Gyre 9, and Partners & Napier.
Since starting at Google, I have:
- received 2 spot & 3 peer bonuses
- been lead designer on 3 projects
- lead an agency-driven redesign of a top level Google property
- co-written a Material Design Spec article
- co-founded a cross-functional group with the Material Design & Brand Marketing teams, responsible for user education across Google
- collaborated with teams including Analytics, Android, Android Wear, Chromecast, Drive, Fit, Google Plus, Google Search, Identity, Keep, Maps, Photos, Play, & Project Ara
- worked with User Experience Researchers to run over 15 user studies in person & online, to study behavior and inform design decisions
- presented & discussed design decisions with principal designers & VPs
- introduced 3,500 Googlers to the design process, in a part of the company that had previously had no designers
- provided design guidance for dozens of smaller projects through my team's office hours
- lead 1 and participated in 3 design sprints
- saved Google over 1.5 TB of bandwidth, and our users over 40 days of load time